Friday, August 7, 2009

Losing the Big Bottom

Greta has lost 45 pounds since March. Congrats Greta! She's got an entertaining blog about her weight loss journey. Here's an excerpt about her new eating plan;You might be wondering what I am eating. Since starting all of this in mid-March, I sort of have come to a rhythm in my eating pattern that seems to be working. I have relied on the fabulous site fitday.com to keep me on track...which is a great resource. I especially like how it tracks nutrients, so I can be sure to supplement the nutrients I am not getting from my diet. I have also relied heavily on the principles of Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush protocol. Eating lean protein, ample "good" fats, and loads of veggies seems to work well for me.Basically, I have cut out ALL grains--with some occasional exceptions. I will not add them back until I reach my goal, and then, only slowly. I eat lean protein, eggs, lots and lots and lots of vegetables, 2 or so servings of fruit a day, and plain nonfat yogurt sweetened with liquid stevia (it is good.....I swear). I was NOT a big veggie fan, before....but have come to greatly appreciate vegetables over the past month. They are SO filled with nutrients.....and fiber.....and have so few calories. I have finally become good friends with them. :)Check out her inspiring blog at Big Bottom Blogger.